Friday, December 21, 2007

Destination - Horn Island

I'll leave Cairns for Horn Island for a work at a hotel there on next Monday. Horn Island is next to Thursday Island in Torres Strait between Australia and Papua New Guinea. There are many indeginous people living there.

You can find relevant information on the webpages through the hyperlinks above. It will be a special experience I hope. I think there have not been many Taiwanese people there.

It is now the beginning of the rain season there, but they say at this time of the year the place looks most lush and green.

The place I'm going to work at will be Wongai Hotel. Their address is 2 Wees Street, Horn Island, QLD. Their toll-free phone number is 1800804422. Hopefully I will work there until mid-April of next year, and then return to Cairns and take a tour to Whitsunday Islands before I leave Australia.

It is so remote, I'm afraid that I won't have mibile phone connection there. So maybe I can only keep in touch with my friends by email if there is internet there.

A tropical, remote island, that is my next destination.

No comments: