Saturday, March 29, 2008

How Time Crawls Slowly

Due to that I do not have a lot of opportunity to use the internet, and also there's nothing much happening here, I rarely have a new post recently. The work is boring, repetitive and one of the cooks I have to work with all day is quite rude. All of those make the stay here a kind of endurance, but in a good way my patience is improved anyway.

These days the boredom of my life here drastically increases. The Korean girl worked with us had had left for many weeks, and the friendly Sydney girl had also gone back to Sydney to work at the Royal Easter Show and she'll not be back until next Thursday. I don't have many people to talk to. Most of the time I'm either working in the kitchen or stay in my room reading a novel. Sometimes I rent DVDs, but not often. Working days are long and tedious, but off days are boring nonetheless.

Now I count the days every day. Until today I have to stay in Horn Island for another 14 days, and I have to work for another 11 days. I really hope these days fly.

After here I will fly to Cairns on 13th of April, and immediately be picked up by an English woman whom I met at our hotel in January, and befriended. She lives in Innisfail which is about one hour of drive south to Cairns. I got her postcard earlier this week, and I called her then. She agreed to pick me up from Cairns airport. I'll stay with her until that Tuesday, and go back to Cairns for another 2 days to apply tax refund and deal with some other matters. I'll fly to Osaka, Japan, on 17th of April.

All in all I'll have stayed in Australia for 364 days, and I'll be away from home for more than 1 year. The past more than 11 months seemed to be long gone, they passed so quickly. I can still recall the scenes of the morning when I arrived in Darwin from Singapore on 19th April 2007. However, the current days of my working here still crawl slowly, very.

No comments: