Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Last Few Days in Australia

I've left Horn Island for 2 days already. I was picked up by a friend, Gill, whom I met on Horn, at the Cairns airport, and stayed with her for 2 days at her home in Innisfail. Innisfail is a town about 85KMs in the south of Cairns. It's a beautiful place with green, lush mountains and rivers.

I also met her neighbors, Emily, who's an elder lady at the age of 83 and she's a very nice person, and Sue, who's devoted to animal conservation, and she's showed me 3 wallabies. Gill is really a very nice person. I'm so blessed to know all of them. Gill even drove me back to Cairns this morning. Thank you very much, Gill.

I found that I feel alone in Cairns. It's been more than 3 and a half month since the last time I travel alone. But because I had to proceed tax return and change some Japanese yen, I have to spend at least 1 or 2 days in Cairns. I found that there's no tax office in Cairns, so I have to spend money to let an agency help me proceed the process. Today I also bought a pair of shorts.

Now I do feel that time lapses swiftly. I have spend about 362 days in Australia. I can still clearly remember the morning I arrived in Darwin, and the days I met friends from different countries. It will be a year that I will always remember.

No comments: