Saturday, April 21, 2007

First 2 days in Darwin, Australia

I took the plane at 20:20 of 18, Apr. 2007 at Changi Airport to Darwin. The fight of Tiger Airways locates at the Budget Terminal of Changi Airport. You have to take the shuttle bus running between the 1st, 2nd and the budget terminal, or you can ride the taxi. I took a taxi there, just like the night when I arrived. The taxi driver I took when I arrived at Changi was an Indian. I really cannot not understand the accent of the Indian people, I could not understand almost any word he's saying, so I had to tell him that I cannot speak English.

During the way to Darwin, our plane met several turbulences. When we arrived at Darwin Airport, it was almost 2 hours earlier than 2:30 which was scheduled to be our arrival time. So I thought we're having an emergency landing. But it was actually due to the fact that Darwin has a time 1 hour and 30 minutes earlier than in Taiwan and Singapore. I didn't notice that and was so ridiculously worried.

There is always a shuttle bus to the city center from the airport you can take after the arrival of a plane. The fee of the bus is AU$6, you can get a refund from the hostel if stay for more than 2 nights.

I met a Taiwanese girl on the plane. She's also holding a WHV. On the first day of our arrival, we went together to open bank accounts at Westpac, and walked around the city to get familiar with the area. On the 2nd day, we went to buy sim card, and we both chose Boost. And then we went to the office of the Department of Immigration to get our visa stickers which can be attached on our passports. Since then we parted and never meet, maybe will not meet in the future either.

No comments: