Monday, July 9, 2007

Away from Mildura, to Sydney

I left Mildura for Sydney last Saturday in the disappointment of having no works to do there, at least at the hostel. Also the weather those few days in Mildura was so cold, rainy and windy. Most backpackers at the hostel doing outdoor jobs had to take a rest because of the weather, and hence had no income. Not to mention that I was fed up of the hostile atmosphere there towards us. I couldn't wat fleeing to another place.

At first I was not planning on coming to Sydney on my travel this year. In the past I thought I might will come to Sydney anyway in the future. But after these few months in OZ, I think I've seen enough of this continent, and I don't expect myself to come back in any forseeable future. OZ is not a bad place, but I don't feel liking some of the experiences I have here, either on the natural environment, landscape or people. In the future I'd rather go to Europe, Japan or anywhere else. Overall I don't feel that OZ is that exotic to us people from Taiwan. They earn much much more here, but I prefer the living we have back home, the way of living with relatively low income, but with much more convenience on most anything you would need in everyday life, and the most important, the friendliness, hospitality most Taiwanese have. They do have beautiful beaches, fresh air, vast land and many good things here, but after all I like my homeland.

No comments: