Friday, October 5, 2007

the Routine of My Life

Regarding the word 'routine', I do not mean eating, sleeping or other everyday chores. What I mean is work and income. My life has been always constrained by money. I can not spent too long a time doing no works. In fact, I reckon most people can't. And it's even worse when you're living in a place where things are expensive, or when you have desire, lust for materials.

On this day, 05 Oct 2007, a new stage of my life begins. That is not something exciting nor that I would feel happy about. That is the beginning of my 30s. What a rapid speed our lives, or the time of our lives, moving forward. I remember when I turned 20 I was still studying in college, and at that night I wondered when I will be and what I will do ten years later. Voila, here's what it is, backpacking in Australia with not much money left. Sounds invigorating? I cannot concur with that.

From this point of time, I am a middle-aged man to most youngsters. Though I can still pretend to be a college student due to the fact that I do not look too aged, but I my mind I know something's got to be different. I feel more responsibilities to my own life. I can no longer care not about my career. The current backpacking thing is temporary. There might be only 6 months left. After this, I have to return to my homeland and be really serious about my future. For I'm not wealthy, I need constant and steady income to support my old life. And I have to endeavor to bring my hope to reality.

What will I do and where will I be ten years later? I ask myself again. I do hope at that time I won't feel like the previous ten years are lost in vain. But what will ensure that? I believe a heap of money and the success in career will do. So that is really nothing special. They're just routine to the majority of people.

No comments: