Thursday, May 3, 2007

Will leave for Briabane on Saturday at 1:20 AM

I've been in Darwin since 19, May. The city is lovable but to hot to me. I feel that I'd have to move to some place cooler. So, I already bought a flight ticket to Brisbane on the very early morning of this Saturday. Will be arriving there at around 5:00.

On this Tuesday I moved from YHA to Youth Shack. It's much closer to the city center. The rent is $20 per night for 4-bed dorms. But at the first night I couldn;t sleep at all. One of the other roommates closed the air conditioner, and it was so hot in the room. And the worst thing was there seemed to be some kind of bug kept biting my feet. I got dozens of bites. They were very itchy, until now the bites still are very itchy. Last night I moved to another room, it was better there. I regret my moving out of the YHA. But the staff of YHA really sucks. There're arrogant and extremely unfriendly. And the air conditioning is not available whole day at YHA, but I slept better there. The bed was more comfortable. And I got friends there. Currently my roommates at room 524 of Youth Shack include an Australian from Perth, he's been traveling around Australia for 4 years. He's friendly.

The hostel rent in Brisbane is a few dollars than in Darwin. But there are also more jobs there. And the weather in Brisbane I heard is comfortable. Not too cold nor hot.

But the city area of Brisbane is much bigger than Darwin. So it'll take me more time to get to know that place well.

Darwin's city center is rather small. But the suburbs are big. There is a hugh shopping mall in Casuarina. There are near 100 shops in the mall. I like it there. I went there by bus with a 47-year-old Japanese man. He's a great person. We lived in the same room at Darwin YHA. He says he likes Australia better than Japan. And he's been to Australia for many times. He also spent 4 years in Sunny Bank Brisbane. We had fish and chips together last night. I'll miss him in the future.

No comments: